Peak: 13.5 inches
Scale: 1/fifth scale
Version Dimension: ?
Non-Scalper Value: $150
Credit: Designers: Amilcar Fong, Nate Baertsch, and David Igo; Sculpt: Amilcar Fong; Paint: David Fisher
* Hordak’s Minion is a extremely cool creature. He is received parts of a bat, a dragon, and a gargoyle, making him type of seem to be a Pokemon straight out of Despondos. He is 13 1/2 inches tall as much as his wings however solely about 9 inches or so from the bottom to the highest of his head (with most of that being his tall perch). The purple and black coloration scheme meshes completely with Hordak. Whereas the minion is simply chilling out on the perch, he does not look “static.” There is a sense of motion within the sculpt that is conveyed via the posing and positioning of his physique.
* The face is terrifying! He does have the bizarre, quick little snout (like Imp) however every thing else is lengthy and exaggerated. The mouth is great, particularly these enamel.
* The wings remind me of each a bat and a dragon. They positively appear extra dragon like, most likely, as a result of form and the …. nails, I suppose? No matter you name the factors that poke out away from the wings. They’re painted properly with a pleasant assortment of coloration that positively helps to convey the extra elastic nature of the flesh there.
* The minion’s again has a pronounced backbone like ridge and many different little spikes scattered about. Solely Hordak would need a pet like this. You understand he simply loves bizarre stuff like this. Skeletor is perhaps the Evil Lord of Destruction however at the very least he has an enormous, mushy, furry purple kitty.
* The bottom meshes properly with Hordak’s base. There isn’t any approach to connect this piece to Hordak’s base however it does associate with it thematically, sharing the identical look of the mechanical, Fright Zone impressed metallic and mechanical construction jutting up out of stone.
* The little technical particulars on the bottom are properly performed and have the texture of one thing you’d see within the background of the Filmation She-Ra collection.
Hordak’s Minion turned out to be a reasonably cool piece. He is actually not a necessary statue for the gathering however he does make the superb Hordak statue just a bit bit cooler. He is not overly giant or something however he additionally solely price a couple of third of an ordinary statue and I can not think about there was as a lot for this man as there could be for a named character. It is enjoyable to see one thing completely different in Masters of the Universe generally and this positively matches the invoice. I’m wondering why Tweeterhead did not simply go forward and make Imp. Maybe a Filmation rights challenge or one thing bizarre? He confirmed up in Mondo’s Energy-Con unique Hordak, afterall. Nonetheless, I do like this man, and he is a really properly performed piece. He is a Nice statue and a enjoyable means so as to add just a bit bit extra aptitude to your MOTU statues. Now… convey on Teela. She’s the following scheduled statue from Tweeterhead’s Masters of the Universe Legends line, proper?
For extra Masters of the Universe Legends from Tweeterhead take a look at the next: